Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Baking Misadventure: Pokeball Cake Pops

Alas, Adventurers! Not every quest ends in victory. We can't rescue the princess every time. We can't defeat every boss monster. We can't beat every gym leader. And we most certainly can't catch ALL the pokemon. At least not on our first try. (Especially when Pokemon's creators keep making new, ridiculous pokemon. *ahem* Garbodor, I'm look at you!)
Pokeball Cake Pops
Sometimes, things just don't work out the way you want them to and these Pokeball Cake Pops are Exhibit #1. It was my first time ever making cake balls and they ended up lumpy and uneven and just sad. A total fail in my book. BUT I wanted to share them with you anyway.
Pokeball Cake Pop (Inside)
I won't post a recipe because, obviously, my technique needs work. But the ingredients I used were:
  • Chocolate cake
  • Chocolate frosting
  • Red candy melts
  • White candy melts
  • Black gel food coloring
  • White decorating icing
I have a friend who doesn't like cake balls/pops because she finds them dense and overly sweet. These Pokeball Cake Pops were exactly that! So... not only did they not look good, but they also didn't taste good either. Double blow! I made them the traditional way by crumbling cake into crumbs, mixing in frosting, and forming balls. Maybe if I had one of those cake ball makers or pans, the shape would've been more even and they wouldn't have been so dense and sweet since I wouldn't need to mix frosting into the cake. But I didn't, so I ended up with this lumpy mess of a pokeball. :(

Unfortunately, I wasn't victorious this time. But the great thing about misadventures (whether in food, games, or just life in general) is that you can pick yourself up, learn from your mistakes, and keep moving on. Misadventures are really just bumpy adventures in disguise. Who says the next adventure won't end in TOTAL VICTORY?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...