Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip/Raisin (or Craisin) Cookies

I don't know about you guys, but I hate biting into a chocolate chip cookie only to find it's made with raisins! It makes me angry. Like the cookie lied to me! Grrrr...

But then I thought to myself: You know... this would make a great April Fool's prank! Since I'm always baking, no one would think twice if I make cookies and if I don't like deceitful "chocolate chip" cookies, I'm sure others won't either
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip/Raisin (or Craisin) Cookies for April Fool's
To pull off this diabolical plan, I made a batch of Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from the recipe under the Quaker Oatmeal lid. I divided the batter in half and mixed in chocolate chips for one half and craisins for the other half. (I didn't have raisins on hand.) After the cookies were baked and cooled, I mixed them up in the cookie jar and waited for my first victim.

In short, my prank was a success! After his first oatmeal craisin cookie, my brother became really paranoid - examining each cookie carefully before deeming it safe to eat. Ironically, I found that I liked the oatmeal craisin cookies more than the chocolate chip version. What a surprise! I was trying to get the craisin ones! I really like craisins (but not so much raisins) so I guess that explains my enthusiasm for oatmeal craisin cookies but dislike of oatmeal raisin cookies.

All in all, this was a fun culinary adventure! A bit of baking with a pinch whimsy = innocent fun on April Fool's Day! What pranks will you be pulling on unsuspecting people? >:]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...