Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 29, 2012

(Almost) Anime Food Re-creation: K-On!!-inspired Fried Rice

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I posted an Anime Food Re-creation so I thought I'd make another. On today's menu is fried rice inspired by the anime K-On!!
K-On!! - Yui's okayu (rice porridge) for Ui
I must confess... this is technically not an exact anime food re-creation. D: In the anime, Yui makes okayu (rice porridge) for her sick sister. Okayu is like the chicken soup of Asia. It's really easy to digest so it's commonly made for sick individuals. In China, rice porridge is also a popular breakfast food that you can customize with different mix-ins. (My personal favorite includes pork, bean curd, and "thousand-year-old egg.") BUT! Since I wasn't sick and wanted something more substantial for my lunch, I opted to make fried rice instead. I hope you guys understand. :)
Real Life Anime Food: K-On!!-inspired Fried Rice
For the fried rice, I used leftover white rice (it has to be leftover because fresh rice is too sticky for fried rice), Japanese sausage, green onion, cilantro, garlic, and a sunny-side up egg. This might not have been exactly what Yui's sister ate, but the ingredients are essentially the same (minus the large pot of water needed for the porridge). It definitely made for a yummy, filling lunch! I hope you guys enjoyed this *almost* anime food re-creation.

Until the next adventure!

4 comments:

robert said...

hey! that looks yummy! i'm gonna try this one at home. hihi. seems like you're also a K-ON fanatic just like me. so i'm gonna share the site of PIJ where I bought most of my K-On stuffs. i bet you're also in collecting these stuffs. it's pretty cool! =)

Chrissy said...

Thanks, robert! I hope you enjoy it. Anime stuff is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing! :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Hi Chrissy! Wow this is such a fun feature! Your fried rice looks like Anime version!

Chrissy said...

Thanks, Nami! I hope you have a great day! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...