Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Friday, February 3, 2012

Anime Food Recreation: Laputa Toast

Today I bring to you a recreation of the egg and toast from Laputa: Castle in the Sky, one of my favorite Miyazaki films!
Laputa Toast
I loved that Pazu literally catches Sheeta in his arms in the beginning of the movie. And he's kind enough to share his food and shelter with her. And then rescue her. Ahh... where do I find me a boy like that? Haha!
Real Life Anime Food: Laputa Toast







Here's my version of the Laputa toast. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but I bought some extra thick bread from Kiki's Bakery. I then fried up a sunny side up egg (extra crispy) and placed it on top. Easy peasy!

I know it isn't exactly like how it is in the movie, but it was how I wanted to eat it. I like my yolks runny and since the yolk is runny, there's no way I can cut it in half without the golden yumminess spewing out everywhere. This made for a tasty breakfast with a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper, but of course, you can always stay true to the movie and eat it with a green apple!

2 comments:

BarefootDreamer said...

Oh my goodness...I just stumbled across your blog. I didn't realise such a thing existed. I love it! (2 of my favourite things...anime & food:) )

Chrissy said...

Haha, thanks, Wallum! Anime and food are two of my favorite things too. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...