Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 31, 2011

An Adventure to Boiling Crab

The Boiling Crab
18902 E. Gale Ave #A
Rowland Heights, CA 91748

Oh, Boiling Crab... my former college roomie loved you so I knew of your existence for the past 3+ years, but I never ventured through your doors. Horror stories of people waiting for 2 hours to be seated and always seeing a crowd outside was enough to keep me away. The friends who did wait those 2 hours had a sense disdain saying you were good, but not worth the wait.

So how did I end up coming to Boiling Crab? My former roomie wanted to go! She told us that if we went right when they opened for lunch, the wait wasn't as bad. So that's exactly what we did... and we were seated right away! Hallelujah!
Boiling Crab Shrimp with The Whole Shebang
 I ordered a half pound of shrimp Mild with "The Whole Shebang" (a mix of Rajun Cajun, Lemon Pepper, and Garlic Butter). The half pound order came with 10 shrimp, which was the perfect amount for me. Let me just say... I absolutely loved the sauce marinade! It was even better with a squeeze of fresh lime! Super flavorful! I normally love spicy food, but I found Mild had just the right amount of spice for me. One of my friends ordered his shrimp Medium and although I found it really good and spicy, I don't think I could have finished a bag of Medium spicy shrimp - the spice would've overwhelmed me!
Boiling Crab Crawfish
My roomie ordered a pound of crawfish (also Mild with "The Whole Shebang") and let me try a few. She taught us how to open these little mudbugs to get the tail meat out. Although they were really tasty, I thought they were more work than they were worth for such a small bite.

Boiling Crab is known for their boiled seafood, but one of my friends ordered the fried catfish basket, which came with Cajun fries. The catfish was cooked perfectly - moist inside with crisp batter outside - and went well with the tartar sauce. I also really liked the Cajun fries - crispy with the right amount of seasoning. Yumm...
Boiling Crab Aftermath

Boiling Crab Table Aftermath
 I thoroughly enjoyed the food at Boiling Crab, especially my shrimp! I thought it was on par with the Garlic Shrimp Scampi from Giovanni's Shrimp Truck on the North Shore, which was some of the best shrimp I've ever had! Boiling Crab is easily one of my favorite shrimp places on the mainland! Although I thought Boiling Crab was really good, I still wouldn't wait 2 hours for it. (There are really very few things I'd actually be willing to wait 2 hours for.) But I would be okay with maybe a 20-30 minute wait.
My Boiling Crab Tag
Before I left, I couldn't resist tagging the walls. I loved how Boiling Crab let you do that! See if you can spot me and my little lamb the next time you go! ^_~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...